- Joe Blow
- n. US colloq. = JOE BLOGGS.
* * *nouna hypothetical average man
* * *nounUsage: usually capitalized J&BEtymology: Joe + blow (probably arbitrarily chosen to rhyme with Joe
* * *Slang.[1935-40, Amer.; rhyming phrase. See JOE, BLOW2]
* * *Joe Bloggs or (N American and Aust) Joe Blow nounThe average man in the street• • •Main Entry: ↑Joe
* * *Joe Blow,U.S. Slang. an average American.
* * *[blō]n. informal a name for a hypothetical average man
* * *noun, pl ⋯ Blows [count]US informal : an average or ordinary man— usually singular
His movies have no appeal for the average Joe Blow.
He's just some Joe Blow from off the streets.
* * *Joe Bloggs f21 [Joe Bloggs] [ˌdʒəʊ ˈblɒɡz] [ˌdʒoʊ ˈblɑːɡz] (BrE) (NAmE ˌJoe ˈBlow, ˌJohn ˈDoe) noun singular (informal)a way of referring to a typical ordinary personSee also: ↑John Doe
Useful english dictionary. 2012.